I don't find it surprising that many citizens aren't fully aware of how their government works. Anytime I see news about the government or politics in general it the articles seem to be filled with hate and harmful words. Heck, look at the current political stage we have right now. Rick Santorum is everywhere. Santorum is on the rise for being one of the most despicable people to consider themselves a Christian in my book. His rhetoric is full of bigotry and at times it seems he is spewing pure stupidity. His latest gem being, "President Obama once said he wants everybody in America to go to college. What a snob." Since when was going or wanting to go to college considered a snobby affair? He did elaborate, however, and say that there are many Americans who work hard everyday. But then he followed it up with, "that aren't taught by some liberal college professors trying to indoctrinate them." Whelp, that's a great stance. It should be noted that Santorum has many degrees and his kids are going to college. I don't think his stance on higher education is going to reel in the votes.
Actually after writing this blog, I truly don't find it surprising how Americans may not pay attention to the news. I began looking through articles that I have only read the headlines to and began reading about new laws they are trying to pass and quite frankly it is disgusting. Ignorance truly is bliss. My roommate was not pleased because I began ranting to her about it and she was unable to complete her Econ homework in a timely manner. But this just gives to a stronger argument that citizens must be aware of what's going on in their country so they can fight for their rights and make sure they aren't taken away. We can't be complacent. Must make use of rhetoric and get our wants and ideas out there! Wooooo America
Site I got the questions from: http://cltr.co.douglas.nv.us/Elections/100QuestionTest.htm
Article about Rick Santorum: http://www.recordnet.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20120301/A_OPINION0608/203010303/-1/NEWSMAP
I love that you followed up on the video we watched by taking the quiz. Way to be!
ReplyDelete